Empowered Nation - ENAcT
Empowered Nation - ENAcT is a 2-year project promoting gender equality in sport, launched in 2018. The project is lead by the EUSA Institute (SLO), with project partners Portuguese University Sports Federation - FADU (POR), Uludag University (TUR) and Budapest University Athletics Club - BEAC (HUN). The project is co-funded by the Erasmus+ programme of the European Union.
ENACT project focuses on encouraging social inclusion and equal opportunities in sport, searching for a sustainable, long term strategic plan to enforce gender equality. With the project’s specific focus on university sport, we are extremely happy to be working closely with these partner organisations who bring considerable knowledge of university sport to the project. Each partner organisation has nominated two representatives from their organisation who have experience of working in gender equality in sport.
Based on a previously completed gender equality survey’s results in 2011 and 2016 by EUSA members, national university sport bodies, a goal to strengthen women participation in the field of university sport was set. EUSA wishes to continue with raising awareness for equal opportunities and fight against youth unemployability.
Target groups of the project are: decision-makers in sport, athletes, volunteers, sport officials, event organizers.
• Search for long term and sustainable strategic plans to enforce a gender balanced sport society at all levels, starting to work now with current EUSA athletes and volunteers
• Supporting women through non-formal education and engaging them to the European sport sector
• Foster international cooperation and sharing good practices in university sport at different sport organization levels for gender balanced leadership
• Fighting against the lack of access and opportunities at higher levels in sport for women
PROJECT PLEDGE BOARD
EUSA stands up for gender equality in university sport and invite all its members, partner federations, universities and its sport clubs, sponsors, university sport event Organizing Committees to join to this movement!
We believe that:
• Creating gender statistics are important in order to be aware of gender issues in sports
• Empowering women to take part at the different segments of sport is our tasks too
• Good governance is key, therefore we wish to see both genders in the decision-making processes
Join us and show your support!
#enact #empowerednation #genderequalitypledge
For more information, see the official page of the project enact.eusa.eu or Erasmus+ Projects Results info on Empowered Nation: