Empowered Nation - ENAcT
Empowered Nation - ENAcT is a 2-year project promoting gender equality in sport, launched in 2018. The project is lead by the EUSA Institute (SLO), with project partners Portuguese University Sports Federation - FADU (POR), Uludag University (TUR) and Budapest University Athletics Club - BEAC (HUN). The project is co-funded by the Erasmus+ programme of the European Union.
ENACT project focuses on encouraging social inclusion and equal opportunities in sport, searching for a sustainable, long term strategic plan to enforce gender equality. With the project’s specific focus on university sport, we are extremely happy to be working closely with these partner organisations who bring considerable knowledge of university sport to the project. Each partner organisation has nominated two representatives from their organisation who have experience of working in gender equality in sport.
Based on a previously completed gender equality survey’s results in 2011 and 2016 by EUSA members, national university sport bodies, a goal to strengthen women participation in the field of university sport was set. EUSA wishes to continue with raising awareness for equal opportunities and fight against youth unemployability.
Target groups of the project are: decision-makers in sport, athletes, volunteers, sport officials, event organizers.
• Search for long term and sustainable strategic plans to enforce a gender balanced sport society at all levels, starting to work now with current EUSA athletes and volunteers
• Supporting women through non-formal education and engaging them to the European sport sector
• Foster international cooperation and sharing good practices in university sport at different sport organization levels for gender balanced leadership
• Fighting against the lack of access and opportunities at higher levels in sport for women
Activities set to meet the goals:
1. Kick-off meeting and site visit at the European Universities Games 2018 in Coimbra to examine the volunteer program and to organize a non-formal educational day using sport as a tool.
2. Online surveys about the gender situation of EUSA sport events with special attention of the volunteers and women involvement at all levels.
3. Create a voluntary pledge board to support gender equality in sport and leadership at all levels.
4. 2-days midterm meeting focusing on establishing sustainable ideas and future cooperation between target groups and creating concrete actions.
5. Building up a sustainable, gender balanced sport event from the point of view of athletes and volunteers for the European Universities Games 2020 Belgrade.
6. Closing event of the project during the EUSA Convention. The developed concrete actions in the projects are expected to be implemented in EUG 2020 and at other EUSA events.
See Erasmus+ Projects Results info on Empowered Nation: