European University Sports Association (EUSA) has national university sports bodies as its Members, but also offers possibilities of Universities and other Organisations to join as Associated Members.
There are no fees to join EUSA as an Associated Member, while there are several benefits and advantages.
Universities, which are granted the Status of the EUSA Associated Member may enjoy the following benefits:
a. Become a member of EUSA Universities Club
b. Participate at EUSA Events under a lower Entry Fee (as determined by the EUSA Executive Committee) for their students and teams
c. Priority in selection of the organisers of EUSA Sport and Educational Events
d. Use the Logotype of EUSA Associated Member for their internal promotion
Conditions to join:
Universities must fulfil the following conditions to be granted the Status of EUSA Associated Member:
1. Submit the support letter of the NUSA of the jurisdiction in which such university has legal seat
2. Be recognized either by the European University Association (www.eua.be) or the International Association of Universities (www.iau-aiu.net)
3. Contribute to the promotion and development of university sport
4. Accept the mission of EUSA as stated in the EUSA Statutes
5. Have an interest for participation at EUSA Sport and Educational Events
6. Have an interest for organisation of EUSA Sport and Educational Events
b) OTHER ORGANISATIONS
Other organisations must fulfil the following conditions to be granted the Status of EUSA Associated Member:
1. Contribute to the promotion and development of university sport
2. Accept the mission of EUSA as stated in the EUSA Statutes
3. Sign a Memorandum of Understanding with EUSA
1. Universities and other organisations, which apply for the EUSA Associated Member Status, must submit their application to the EUSA Executive Committee.
2. The EUSA General Assembly awards the status of EUSA Associated Member upon the recommendation of the Executive Committee.
3. In the period between the two sessions of the EUSA General Assembly, which meets biannually, the EUSA Executive Committee may temporary award the status of Associated Member to the Universities or other organisations, which fulfil all the criteria.
4. The Executive Committee presents the list of the organisations with temporary Associated Members Status to the EUSA General Assembly for its confirmation.
5. Should the General Assembly reject the recommendation of the EUSA Executive Committee for granting the Associated Member Status to an University or Other organisation, all rights and benefits as EUSA Associated Member immediately lapse for the relevant University or Other organisation.