EUSA Events Registration GDPR Policy: General Data Protection Regulation
CONSENT TO THE COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL DATA IN THE EUSA REGISTRATION SYSTEM
- Consent to the Collection and Use of Personal Data
This Consent to the Collection and Use of Personal Data (hereinafter: CCUPD) lays down the mutual rights and liabilities between Customer:
Customer: European University Sports Association
Address: c/o ASVZ, ETH Zentrum
Post code: CH-8092
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Registration number: CHE-114.611.788
(hereinafter: Customer) and Participant, which may be a legal or natural person that has registered in the EUSA registration system registrations.eusa.eu or in the online form of the Customer’s websites, or that Customer has registered in the registration application in accordance with the GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE FOR THE REGISTRATION APPLICATION for Customers, Article 6.2. Entering Personal Data in Dspot Database, as the manager of personal data (hereinafter: Participant).
- Confirmation of Consent to the Collection and Use of Personal Data
By confirming the CCUPD, which Participant performs with active confirmation on the website registrations.eusa.eu or in the form on Customer’s website, Participant actively confirms that it is familiar with the CCUPD, that it agrees with it, and is bound by its provisions.
- Definition of Terms
- Definition of Terms:
For the needs of collecting and using personal data, the terms listed below shall mean the following:
- Application – denotes an application being used as a web application and to which these General Terms and Conditions refer, and which is described in greater detail below (hereinafter also referred to as application);
- Registrations application – denotes an application being used on the World Wide Web using a web browser, through which Customer communicates with Users (Participants) in the following ways: via email, SMS and MMS, and phone;
- User or Participant – is a person that has registered in the Registrations web application via the web application registrations.eusa.eu, or that has been registered or entered in the Registrations web application by Customer in accordance with applicable law (hereinafter also referred to as User or Participant);
- Selected client of Registrations service – denotes a client of the subdomain of the registrations.eusa.eu web application, which the User or Participant of the application selects and confirms in the relevant forms on websites;
- Subscribed User or Participant – is someone that has registered in the Registrations web application via the web application registrations.eusa.eu, or that has been registered in the Registrations web application by Customer in accordance with applicable law;
- Customer’s actions: e-newsletter, SMS, MMS, phone.
- Provisions regarding Participant’s Consent
Participant, subscribing to a service in the context of Customer’s action, in accordance with the provisions of the Personal Data Protection Act in force, allows Customer to collect and process its personal data.
- Collection and Use of Participant’s Personal Data
Participant allows the collection and use of personal data so that Customer will be able to:
- identify Participant when the latter is actively confirmed on the website registrations.eusa.eu or in a form on Customer’s website;
- communicate with Participant, either directly or in a group;
- notify Participant of Customer’s actions (e-newsletter, SMS, MMS, phone) regarding its services and campaigns.
- Participant’s Personal Data Filing System
The table below describes the personal data which Customer shall obtain from Participant:
Date of birth
Place of birth (City and Country)
Passport (ID card) Nr.
Temporary address (if different than permanent)
Field of study
Year of study
General remarks (vegetarian, ...)
International ranking / number
Certificate of academic eligibility
Personal document (Passport or ID)
- Technical Suitability of Personal Data Filing System
In accordance with the regulations of the Personal Data Protection Act and the General Terms and Conditions of Use for the Registrations Application for Customers, Customer undertakes to protect Participant’s personal data, which it will receive as Customer in the Registrations web application. The technical suitability of the personal data filing system, which has been determined in accordance with applicable law, is described in the General Terms and Conditions of Use for the Registrations Application for Customers and can be accessed via a link in each Customer’s action: e-newsletter, SMS, MMS, phone. Customer shall also provide access to the General Terms and Conditions of Use for the Registrations Application for Customers on its website.
For the purpose of preventing unauthorized access to or disclosure of these data, of preserving their accuracy and integrity, and of ensuring their proper processing, Customer shall employ appropriate technical and organizational procedures for securing personal data, as laid down by law.
- Storing Personal Data
Customer shall store Participant’s personal data in accordance with the regulations of the Personal Data Protection Act and the General Terms and Conditions of Use for the Registrations Application for Customers.
Participant may revoke Customer’s permission to use personal data at any time by sending a request for the deletion of personal data by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, which Customer will then be obligated to do within 30 days after the completion of the event for which the Participant registered for. Due to operational reasons, the request cannot be processed before as the data is needed for execution of the event.
Details and procedure are also defined in the EUSA Rules and Regulations under ARCHIVES OF THE DOCUMENTS.
If you do not agree with these Terms and Conditions for the Use of Personal Data, we ask that you do not give your consent and do not register.