European Universities Games 2026
The bidding is open!
The bidding procedure for hosting the 8th edition of the European Universities Games, to be held in 2026 opened on October 1, 2020.
The European Universities Games (EUG) is a multi-sport university sports competition governed by the European University Sports Association (EUSA). As such, they represent the largest European multisport student event, combining also education and culture. Participants primarily represent their universities.
The programme for the 2026 edition of the European Universities Games should include the following sports:
- Compulsory (13) - men and women: Badminton, Basketball, 3x3 Basketball, Beach Handball, Beach-Volleyball, Football, Futsal, Handball, Karate, Rowing, Table Tennis, Tennis, Volleyball
- Optional (up to 9) - men and women: other sports in the European Universities Championships programme in the year of attribution (these are currently Chess, Golf, Judo, Kickboxing, Rugby 7s, Sports Climbing, Orienteering, Taekwondo, Water Polo)
The bidding process for the 2026 Games is open from October 1, 2020, giving the opportunity to potential hosts to submit their letter of intention within a year's time. The interested parties are welcome to contact the EUSA Office for more information, or can get in touch with the national university sports bodies in their country.
A dedicated seminar for the bidding process of the European Universities Games 2026 (EUG2026) was organised online on March 31, and EUSA remains available for any additional information.
Bidding schedule and procedure:
- OCTOBER 1, 2020: Opening of the Bidding Procedure
- OCTOBER 1, 2020 - SEPTEMBER 30, 2021: Letter of Intention, Bidding Fee Payment
- OCTOBER 1, 2021- DECEMBER 31, 2021: Working Meetings with Interested Cities
- FEBRUARY 15, 2022: Bidding Dossier Submission
- MARCH 1, 2022 - APRIL 30, 2022: Evaluation Visits to the Candidate Cities, Attribution of the Games, Signing of the Contract, Attribution Fee Payment